Saturday, April 30, 2011

Wagner 518080 Great Product

Overall great product. About as loud as, and sounds like your average vacuum cleaner, no buzzing or obnoxious sound. Would I spray outside at 8am, probably not but it isn't loud at all.

I've used this product to spray my Cedar Fence using an oil based stain. Follow the directions on the stain, and on the Wagner for spraying stain, the fence came out excellent exceeded my expectations and made quick work. I also used this product to spray latex paint on my shed. Quality paint or at least straining the paint for clumps is key for this sprayer and probably for all sprayers. These clumps will clog the pickup tube and get into the spray nozzle screwing up your application but isn't a show stopper because the sprayer is easy to take apart to clean.

The only problem I had was while spraying the thicker latex paint, I used a higher pressure setting, and on at least two instances the hose popped out of the sprayer or out of the turbine. This was over the course of the 60 minutes that it took me to spray the 10x12 shed. On the fence, a lower pressure setting was used, no issues at all. Sprayed 13 8 foot sections in about an hour or less.

Very efficient use of paint, easy to clean up, the 1 1/2 quart plastic bottle is the right size. I initially thought it would be too small for staining a fence as I'd have to refill often, but that was not the case, i could do two 8 foot sections with a single fill up. This kept the sprayer light enough to hold while giving great time on the trigger.>> Home Power Tools

No comments:

Post a Comment