Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Highly Recommended Paint Sprayer

I have a 12 x 24' deck with railing and steps. Quite a chore to paint. I decided to try this Wagner 518080 HVLP sprayer. I actually looked for the same unit at the local big franchise stores and couldn't find this particular unit. I did find it online somewhere else but it was $127 quite a bit more than Amazon.

This sprayer is really simple and of course that's the beauty of it. I had a Wagner mechanical sprayer any did not last long or work very well but this unit uses what amounts to a reverse vacuum cleaner. Blowing the air out and threw a 20 foot flexible hose. The spray head is simple and only has three parts. The air blower unit as an adjustable air pressure/volume control which allows you to just for your project and paint requirements. Painting intricate rails and latticework is a breeze.

I did the whole deck with Olympic Maximum deck paint... This stuff is thick but sprayer had no problem with it whatsoever. I use the sprayer few times and each time it's ready to go.... Very easy to clean up and just put it back in the box.

The only thing to get used to is it blows air constantly the trigger only releases the paint. Also the hose can pop off if you pull it to hard. I made the mistake of doing a couple of times mainly because I was too lazy to move the blower unit. At first this freaks you out because you think you just made a huge mess but you quickly realize the paint sprayer component shuts down the need and although you might get a burst of air in your face no pain goes anywhere and simply reattach the hose and keep going.

Highly recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment